Thank you all for attending our Parent/Teacher Conference last week. It is essential that we work together to provide the best learning environment for your child. I want to reiterate a few things that I mentioned during conferences. Things that you can do at home with your child to help them progress academically are..
1. Review math facts (flashcards--subtraction and addition).
2. When you see misspelled words on your child's work have he or she rewrite the word correctly and
write it 3-5 times.
3. Have your child read out load to you as often as possible, then ask questions about what he or she
I would also like to thank all the parents who drove to Hunter Farms last Tuesday. It is always nice to get off campus as a class and have the opportunity to encounter and explore new things.
This week is Red Ribbon week. A note was sent home with information about the daily activities.
Monday- Red Free Dress
Wednesday- "You have the power to be drug free" wear a superhero cape.
Thursday- "Team up against drugs" wear a team shirt or jersey.
Friday- "Put a cap on it" wear a cap with your uniform.
Our Halloween Carnival will be this Saturday October 29th from 5-8 p.m.
If you have not signed up to work our class booth there is still availability. A sign-up sheet will be posted outside of the classroom door throughout the week.
On Monday October 31st the children may wear there costumes to school. We will have our annual costume parade in the morning.
The curriculum for this week..
Language Arts~ Learning how to write a letter; the use of commas and periods; review of antonyms,
synonyms, adjectives and adverbs; introduce proper nouns and homonym.
Reading~ Superkids, Chapter 11 we will read the series of stories in this chapter; reading
Math~ Chapter 3 test on Thursday, October 27th. We will review all week for the test on
Thursday. The test will consist of regrouping in the ones, tens, and hundreds place.
Social Studies~Wrapping up Unit 3, 'Governing the People.' There will be a test on Friday,
October 28th. We will review all week, we will will create our study guide
in class and your child may take it home to review for the test.
Science~ Last week we began Unit B, Chapter 1 'Earth's resources.' We will be be discussing
natural resources; uses of water; and we will review the vocabulary in this chapter.
Religion~ In chapter 5, we have been discussing 'good choices'-- Free will and our conscience.
On Wednesday the children will have a writing assignment they will have until the end of
class to complete. The topic will be, "Write about a good choice you can make to show
your love for God."
Week of 10/17-10/21
* All week we are on a minimum day schedule. Dismissal is out 12:30 p.m.
* Monday, October 17th~PINK free dress for a $1.00
* Tuesday, October 18th~Hunter Farms Pumpkin Patch. We will be leaving at 8:15 a.m. FREE DRESS day. For those of you who are driving I wrote a reminder in your child's planner on Friday. For those of you who signed up to drive but did not receive a message...you will not be driving because you did not have the required paperwork work completed. Please contact the office to find out what you still need. If you have taken the Safe Environment class, and have been fingerprinted you may still join us on the trip. You can drive with a parent who is already driving. Please let me know if you would like to do so.
* Parent/Teacher Conferences~I look forward to meeting with you all.
* Don't forget to stop by the Book Fair this week.
I will be blogging the curriculum later today. Please remember to check the blog again this week!