Welcome back to school!!
I am so happy to see all of the new faces this school year. So much will be happening in the 3rd grade and school wide. Our Lady of Mercy School will be going through Accreditation this year. It will be a year of learning and fun. Please keep all necessary calendars and paperwork handy to help make this year as smooth as possible.
Monday your child will be getting their homework folder along with a lot of paperwork to be read and signed by both the student and the parents. Please turn in as soon as possible.
Please go over our classroom rules and consequences with your child. The 3rd grade is a year of transition. I am expecting all students to be act in a way that is respectful of all our students in the class. Disruptions in the classroom will result in consequences. It is important that each child learn to develop self-discipline and good work habits, to resolve conflicts peacefully and to think independently. Our classroom rules will protect each student's right to safety and respect, as well as, outlining the responsibilities that each child has in maintaining class order. Our class rules are:
Classroom and Playground Rules
1. Be Responsible - Raise your hand and complete all work
2. Be Safe - Keep your hands to yourself, walk don't run and use materials wisely
3. Be Caring - Use kind words and take turns
4. Be Respectful - Use good manners and always be honest
1. Verbal Warning
2. Lose 5 Minutes Recess
3. Lose 10 Minutes Recess
4. Phone call or note to parent
WHAT WILL YOUR CHILD BE LEARNING THIS WEEK
Reading - We will begin our story of the week Tuesday. All students will be expected to read the story at least once at home and we will have a comprehension test Friday. We will read the story every day in class. Our story this week will be Fine Fine School.
Spelling - Your child will receive their spelling words on Tuesday. Please help your child to study. This weeks words will have short vowel sounds. The test will be on Friday.
Math - We will begin Chapter one. Students will be able to take home the book to share. They will have math homework on Wednesday.
Social Studies - Week 1, John Muir and Important people in Ca History
Science - Chapter 1 - Plants
Religion - Building our Classroom Friendship and trust with one another
PE - Go Noodle and team building
* CHECK YOUR CHILD'S PLANNER AND SIGN EVERYDAY. Check over homework and be sure your child is completing all the necessary work.
* The schools first bell will be at &:50 am and tardy bell 8:00am each day.
* 12:30 dismissal on the first day.
* Be sure your child has their planner and supplies on the first day to ensure a good first morning start.
* Full uniform on the first day. Pants for the boys and jumpers for the girls because we will be having an all school mass.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact me as soon as possible. We want to keep our classroom a secure foundation for future growth.
You can contact me at (209)722-7496 or at email@example.com
I am looking forward to the school year.
Thank you and God Bless